- 1 Bramley apple
- 1 knob of softened butter
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 6 black cherries in syrup
- 2 Amaretto biscuits, crushed
- Splash of amaretto
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Score the circumference of the apple with a sharp knife. Scoop out the core and a little of the flesh to make room for the filling.
- Spread the butter into the middle of the apple and sprinkle with brown sugar. Mix cherries with crushed amaretto biscuits and stuff into the apple middle. Add a splash of amaretto.
- Place apple in a baking dish, put the apple top back on and bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft and tinged golden brown.
- Optional: add 1 tbsp sugar to the syrup from the cherries and reduce this down to a sticky sauce over a medium heat in a small saucepan and use to drizzle over the apple. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.