- 225g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra to grease
- 200g Waitrose & Partners light brown soft sugar
- 3 British Blacktail free range eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g dark chocolate, melted
- 150ml buttermilk
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp fine salt
- 200g Cooks’ Ingredients Salted Caramel Icing
- 30g dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4; lightly grease a 33cm x 22cm cake tin and line with baking parchment. Using electric beaters, cream together the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl for 2-3 minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract and melted chocolate. Stir in the buttermilk until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients; sift into the mixture and fold in until combined. Tip into the cake tin, level the top and bake for 22-25 minutes until risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside and leave to cool completely in the tin.
- For the topping, spread the icing evenly over the top, then drizzle with the melted chocolate. Allow to set for 5 minutes, then slice into squares to serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.