- 300g of store-bought gnocchi (choose a brand made without eggs)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 75g of sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 225g of fresh spinach
- 30g of raw walnuts
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp of coconut aminos
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- Pinch of smoked paprika garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- TO MAKE THE WALNUT MEAT: In a food processor, combine the walnuts, vinegar, coconut aminos, cumin, coriander and paprika. Season with garlic powder and pepper. Pulse several times until the walnuts are broken down and crumbly, making sure not to overprocess the mixture into a paste. Set aside.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook until they float to the top. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for a few minutes, until browned. Reduce the heat to medium, add the gnocchi and most of the walnut meat (reserving some for garnish) and cook, stirring gently, for a few more minutes.
- Toss in the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Serve the gnocchi garnished with the reserved walnut meat
The Greenprint by Marco Borges, with an introduction by Jay-Z and Beyonce, is published by HQ, priced at £18.99
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.