- 180g of buckwheat flour
- 125g of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp of milled flaxseed, mixed with 6 tbsp of cold water and left to swell in fridge for at least 15 minutes
- 160ml of olive oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed but not too small
- 1/2 a banana for topping
- 100g of 85% dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- Make your flaxseed egg and place in the fridge for 15mins.
- Meanwhile, line a 2lb loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the 3 bananas and whisk together with the oil, vanilla extract and flaxseed egg.
- Add to the dry ingredients, then fold the mixture well, taking care not to over mix it.
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir through carefully.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin.
- Cut the 1/2 banana into thin slices and place down the centre of the mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before serving
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.