- 500g of chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 150ml of white vermouth
- 300g of crème fraiche
- 2 tbsp of chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 courgettes, cut into strips
- 4 large carrots, cut into fine strips
- 4 large green cabbage leaves, cut into fine strips
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a gentle heat, stirring, until soft but not browned. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, until the mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, before adding the vermouth. Bring to a simmer and stir in the crème fraiche and tarragon. Once the sauce starts to bubble, season with salt and black pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile once the pan of water is boiling, add all the veg strips and blanch quickly for one minute, until soft. Drain and serve with the sauce.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.