- 1 can of butter beans
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 shallot, diced
- 300-500ml of vegetable stock
- Cumin seeds
- Olive oil
- In a heavy-based pan, gently cook the shallot and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the drained butter beans and 250ml of stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the remainder of the stock and blend in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- Toast the cumin seeds in a small, dry frying pan, then add 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook for a further 1 minute so the cumin infuses the oil.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and drizzle with the cumin seed oil.
- Serve with a crusty roll.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.