- 2 x 280g packets of tofu
- 400g of basmati rice
- 1 white onion
- Fresh ginger
- Crushed black peppercorns
- White sugar
- Light soy sauce
- Dark soy sauce
- 1 red chilli
- 4 spring onions
- Vegetable oil
- Chop the tofu into cubes. Coat in cornflour.
- Add some vegetable oil to a wok. Fry the tofu until browned and remove from the wok.
- Get the rice on (follow the instructions on the packet).
- Clean the wok and place over a medium heat. Add a splash of oil. Add 4 tablespoons of butter, along with the chopped onion, finely chopped garlic and a large piece of fresh ginger.
- Fry until everything is soft. At this point, add 2 tablespoons crushed black peppercorns and 2 tablespoons white sugar. Stir them in. Once the sugar has dissolved, add 5 tablespoons each of light and dark soy sauce.
- Stir it all together, and then add a chopped red chilli and 3 chopped spring onions. Stir, and then re-add your tofu. Stir it in, add another tablespoon of butter, allowing it to melt, then remove the tofu from the heat.
- Serve the tofu on top of a mound of steaming rice, garnish with another chopped spring onion and enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.