- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp of dried mixed herbs
- 400g of canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of black treacle
- 400g of canned haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- Generous pinch of black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof pan over a medium heat, add the onion and cook for 8–10 minutes until the onion has caramelized, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking. Add the herbs and cook for a further minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and black treacle until combined with the onion, then pour in the beans.
- Stir again to combine, then place the lid over the dish. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and season with black pepper before serving.
- Sprinkle with some extra dried mixed herbs or chopped thyme leaves before serving, if you like.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.