- Stalks from mushrooms
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock (made from concentrate)
- 1 lemon grass stalk, crushed
- 20g ginger
- 10g basil stalks
- 1 star anise
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 shallot
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 40g closed-cup mushrooms, stalk removed
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 20g green beans, cut in half
- 1 bok choy, cut in half
- 50g noodles, cooked
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
- 10g basil leaves
- Firstly, make the broth. In a large saucepan add the vegetable stock, mushroom stalks, lemon grass, ginger, basil stalks, star anise and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer.
- Cook the shallots and garlic in a dry pan until nicely charred, add to the stock. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes. Strain to leave just the liquid, season with soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and leave to one side.
- Whilst the stock is simmering. Cook the finely sliced shallots in the sunflower oil until crispy, drain onto kitchen roll.
- Place a pan of water onto boil. Cook the green beans for 5 minutes, add the mushrooms and bok choy, cook for 1 minute and drain.
- Divide the mushrooms, green beans, bok choy and noodles between bowls. Pour in the broth and top with spring onions, chilli and basil leaves. Serve the crispy shallots on the side.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.