- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 200g (7oz) whole rolled oats
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- small handful of pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Mash the bananas into a rough paste in a bowl and stir in the maple syrup. Add the oats, cinnamon and pecans and stir again, then use your hands to fully combine.
- Press tightly into a small, shallow baking tin and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice into bars while still warm, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
TIP: Switch the pecans for sultanas (golden raisins), freezedried raspberries or dried cranberries for tasty variations (which children will love too).
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.