- 1 cup of uncooked rice, cooked as per instructions
- 4 eggs, boiled for 6 minutes, cooled completely then peeled
- 300g of undyed or dyed smoked haddock (poached in 250ml non-dairy milk, reserve the poaching liquor)
- 250g tub of coconut yoghurt
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ½ tbsp of curry powder
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- In a heavy based pan add 2 tbsp of coconut oil and heat until melted. Add the chopped onions and cook with lid on until tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- While this is cooking, flake the cooked fish into large bite-sized pieces and quarter the boiled eggs.
- Add the curry powder and cook through for a further 2 minutes. Now add the rice and stir well so it is well coated with the curry powder and onions. Add half of the fish liquor from the cooked fish and the coconut yoghurt. Stir well.
- Now add the parsley (keeping a small amount back for serving), flaked fish and stir gently. Add the remaining liquor and taste, adding more sea salt and freshly ground black pepper if required.
- Just before serving add the boiled eggs and sprinkle with the remaining parsley. Serve straight away with some toast.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.