- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into even chunks
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp of mild chilli powder
- 400g of canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g of canned chopped tomatoes
- Pinch of smoked sea salt
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the sweet potato and yellow pepper and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until the sweet potato begins to soften. Stir in the chilli powder to coat the vegetables.
- Pour in the kidney beans and chopped tomatoes, then reduce the heat to low–medium. Simmer for 25 minutes until the sweet potato has completely softened.
- Remove from the heat and season with smoked sea salt to taste before serving.
- Top with coriander and/or chopped spring onions, if you like, for a pop of colour and additional texture.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.