- 600ml of water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150g homemade Malaysian Laksa Paste (or 4tbsp shop-bought paste)
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 200g of brown rice noodles
- 200g of carrots, grated
- 300g of courgettes, grated
- 200g of green beans, roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- Chopped fresh coriander
- ½ red apple
- 1 lime, halved
- Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan and dissolve the stock cube. Add the laksa paste and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Add the noodles and stir for 2–3 minutes, then add all the vegetables. Bring to a simmer and allow the flavours to marry for a few minutes before dividing among large bowls.
- Scatter the chilli over each serving, along with a little chopped coriander. Grate over some apple and finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
+ Swap the brown rice noodles for white rice noodles or other noodles you have on hand (bearing in mind that they might take less or more time to cook).
+ Try grating other vegetables like celeriac, parsnip or even beetroot for a delicious earthy twist.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.