- 45g (11⁄ ⁄2oz) of dried shiitake mushrooms
- 600ml (1 pint) of chicken stock
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 175g (6oz) of dried rice vermicelli
- 100g (31⁄ ⁄2oz) of sweetcorn kernels
- Place the dried shiitake mushrooms in a heatproof bowl, pour over 300ml (10fl oz) of boiling water, and leave to stand for 30 minutes. Reserving the mushrooms, strain the soaking water into a large saucepan and add the stock. Bring the pan to the boil.
- Slice the mushrooms and cut or shred the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces or thin strips. Break the rice vermicelli into short lengths and stir into the pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, chicken, and sweetcorn kernels to the pan, bring back to the boil, and simmer for a further 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and vermicelli are tender. Spoon into bowls and serve at once.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.