1. Duck And Mangetout With Jasmine Rice
1. Score the duck breasts and season. In a pan, sauté the duck breasts, skin side down first, then turn over. When cooked, set aside to rest (keep them covered so they remain warm).
2. In the same pan, fry the onions or shallots and curry paste with 1 tsp of sugar and a pinch of salt. Then add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice and potatoes.
3. Simmer until the potatoes are cooked (add a little stock if it gets a bit dry). In the final 5 minutes, sprinkle in the mangetout.
4. Slice the duck. Plate up the curry with the duck slices on top and the jasmine rice.
Top tip: For added opulence, you could add fresh lychees.
1. Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan. When heated, pop in the ginger, garlic and galangal if you’re using, as well as the paste.
2. Tip in the coconut milk, peanut butter and 1 tsp of sugar. Now drop in the sweet potato and spinach. If you need to, pour in 2 tbsp of water or vegetable stock to keep it moist - you want it to be curry consistency.
3. Simmer until everything is cooked. Season and dish up in bowls.
3. Thai Red Curry Squash Broth (v)
1. In one heavy non-stick casserole pot, fry the garlic and ginger paste with the red curry paste.
2. Chuck in the finely chopped red chilli. Then throw in the butternut squash.
3. To finish, pour in the coconut milk and fish sauce and some stock or water to top it up. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar and simmer.
4. Towards the end, stir in the spinach.
5. Serve with cashew nuts and fresh coriander or basil. Eat with coconut chilli rice.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.