- 350g of diced butternut and sweet potato
- 250g of pack Merchant Gourmet Smoky Spanish-Style Grains & Rice
- 2 tsp of smoked paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- 25g of pack flat leaf parsley, half roughly chopped, half leaves only
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zest, plus juice to serve
- 1 tsp of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp of sunflower oil
- 4 large burger buns, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 heaped tbsp of mayonnaise
- 120g bag of Waitrose & Partners Rainbow Side Salad
- Simmer the squash and sweet potato in salted water for 8-10 minutes until tender, then drain and mash. Mix with the grains and rice, 2 tsp of paprika, chopped parsley, lemon zest and 1 tsp of flour; season. Shape into 4 burgers, dusting your hands with a little flour to help.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the burgers over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side, until dark golden. Meanwhile, heat the grill and toast the buns, cut side up. Stir the garlic into the mayonnaise and toss the parsley leaves with the rainbow salad.
- Put a handful of salad leaves on each bun bottom and sit a burger on top. Add a good dollop of garlic mayo and sprinkle with a little paprika, then add some red pepper slices and beetroot shreds from the salad. Put each on a plate, squeeze over the lemon juice and add the bun top.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.