- 170g of slightly salted butter, diced
- 335g of dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 4 tbsp of golden syrup
- 120g of walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 120g of amaretti biscuits, broken into small pieces (digestives, lotus or hobnobs would also work well)
- 425g of tinned figs in syrup, drained and chopped
- Line a 20cm square brownie tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly melt together the butter, chocolate and golden syrup, then fold in most of the walnuts, biscuits and figs. Tip into the prepared tin, spreading evenly, and top with the remaining ingredients. Chill in the fridge to firm up (about 2–3 hours minimum) before cutting into ten bars.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.