- 1 cucumber
- 25g of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tsp of Szechuan pepper
- 2 tbsp of Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Chinese Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp of caster sugar
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1½ tsp of Cooks’ Ingredients Black Sesame Seeds
- 240g of pack 2 Scottish salmon fillets
- 235g of pack Green Pak Choi, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp of Kikkoman soy sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6.
- Smash the cucumber with a rolling pin to give pieces approx 4-5cm long and transfer to a bowl. Place the ginger, Szechuan pepper, vinegar, sugar and chilli in a small saucepan and warm through for 1-2 minutes. Stir into the cucumber with ½ tsp of sesame seeds, season and set aside.
- Place the salmon on a greased baking tray, sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds and roast for 15 minutes until just cooked through. Place the pak choi in a sauté pan and add the soy sauce and 3 tbsp of water, cover and braise for 4-5 minutes until wilted.
- Place the salmon on top of the pak choi and serve with the cucumber salad.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.