- 1 fresh lemongrass stalk
- 1 lime
- 1 red chilli
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 2 tsp of oil
- 2 tsp of tamari
- 2 x 150g free-range chicken thighs
- 300g of courgette
- 4cm of fresh ginger
- 80g of baby sweetcorn
- 80g of mangetout
- Medium handful of fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6. Thinly slice the red onion. Place the chicken thighs on a baking tray, sprinkle over a pinch of sea salt and drizzle over 1 tsp of oil. Place the onion alongside on the same baking tray. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the ginger. Trim the lemongrass, remove the outer layer and finely chop. Trim the baby sweetcorn and slice in half lengthways. Trim the mangetout.
- Heat a saucepan with 1 tsp of oil on a medium heat, add the ginger and lemongrass for 2 minutes, then stir in the turmeric and add the coconut milk. Simmer gently for 5 minutes to allow the ingredients to infuse.
- Add the baby sweetcorn and mangetout and simmer gently for a further 3-4 minutes. Then stir through the juice from the lime and tamari to taste.
- Meanwhile, remove the ends of the courgettes but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer).
- Pull the cooked chicken apart with two forks. Thinly slice the red chilli (remove the seeds for less heat) and roughly chop the coriander leaves.
- Place the raw courgetti into the pan with the coconut broth and simmer for a few minutes until tender. Add more water to thin the broth if desired. Pour into two warm bowls and top with the shredded chicken, onion, chilli slices and coriander.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.