- 260g of red split lentils, washed
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of mild curry powder
- 1 tsp of miso paste
- 1 x 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin of coconut milk
- 4 tbsp of soya milk yoghurt or coconut milk yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 200g of white spelt flour extra for dusting
- ½ tsp of fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- Small handful of flat leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- First make the flatbreads. In a large bowl combine the flour and salt together. Add the oil and 5 tbsp of water and bring together into a dough. Gradually add a further 2 tbsp of water to form a smooth and soft dough. It should not be sticky. Knead for 2 minutes just to make sure everything is well combined. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Dust your work surface with flour and roll each ball out into a thin round measuring about 22cm. Dust with flour as you go to ensure the dough doesn’t stick.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat, add a flatbread and cook for about 1 minute on each side until just cooked through. Remove to a plate and immediately cover with a clean tea towel. Repeat to cook the remaining breads.
- Now make the dahl. Put the lentils into a pan with the garlic, soy sauce, curry powder, miso paste, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently to stop the lentils sticking to the base of the pan.
- Add the yoghurt and simmer for another 5 minutes until you have a creamy dahl. Season to taste.
- When the dahl is cooked, warm the flatbreads in a toaster or oven and serve with the lentils, topped with extra yoghurt, chopped parsley and a drizzle of olive oil.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.