- 250g of porridge oats
- 100g of ground almonds
- 1½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of fine salt
- 50g of soft dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 350ml of Alpro Oat Unsweetened drink
- 1 British Blacktail free range egg, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- ¼ tsp of almond extract
- 2 conference pears
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Line a 21cm square cake tin with parchment. Mix the oats, ground almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and apricots in a large mixing bowl. In a jug, whisk together the Alpro oat drink, egg, mashed bananas, maple syrup and almond extract.
- Pour the oat drink mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Peel, halve and core both pears. Cut one pear into 1cm cubes and stir through the mixture. Tip the mixture into the cake tin, smoothing the top.
- Slice the other pear and scatter over the top. Bake for 45 minutes, then cool completely before cutting into squares.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.