- 150g + 50g of chocolate, dairy-free if needed
- 170g of self-rising flour
- 3 large tbsp of cacao or cocoa powder
- 150g of coconut or caster sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 240ml of milk, dairy-free if needed, room temperature
- 100g of cups berries e.g. blueberries and raspberries plus extra to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper (approx. 20cm square).
- Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water and break up 150g of chocolate and place in the bowl. Allow to melt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sieve the flour and cacao/cocoa powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the oil, vanilla and milk along with the melted chocolate to the flour and stir until combined.
- Chop the remaining 50g of chocolate and stir most of it into the brownie batter with the berries.
- Pour into the lined dish, smooth over the top and sprinkle over the extra chopped chocolate. Bake for 25-30 minutes until springy to touch around the outside.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the tin and then cool fully on a wire rack. They will be very soft until fully cooled. Cut into squares.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.