- 1 x 213g tin of salmon (you can also use fresh)
- 250g of closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- 300g of floury potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1 tbsp of ground coriander
- 100g of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp of dried tarragon
- A good pinch of salt and pepper to season
- Cooking oil for frying
- 2 tbsp of dried parsley
- Heat a sauté pan with one tbsp of the cooking oil and cook the mushrooms until soft.
- Turn the heat off, remove the mushrooms from the pan and add to a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients, apart from the egg, flour and breadcrumbs.
- Mix together and form into four patties, about 8cm diameter. Dip each one in some flour then the egg and then coat well in breadcrumbs.
- Add some oil to the sauté pan and heat over a medium flame.
- Gently add the fishcakes to the pan (you may need to do this in two sections). Fry for 5 minutes or so on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan onto a plate lined with kitchen roll and keep warm while you finish the other fishcakes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and watercress or any available greens.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.