- 1.2l dashi or seasoned vegetable broth
- 200g Japanese Curry Roux
- 3-4 tbsp of soy sauce (to taste)
- Hot chilli sauce, to taste
- 100g of fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 hispi (pointed) cabbage, cut into strips about 1cm wide
- 150g of bean sprouts
- 4 portions of uncooked ramen noodles
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- A few big pinches of sesame seeds
- 60g of red pickled ginger
- A few spoonfuls of chilli oil or sesame oil (to taste)
- Bring the dashi or broth to the boil and whisk in the curry roux, soy sauce and chilli sauce. Let the mixture boil for a few minutes until it thickens up, then reduce to a low simmer, drop in the spinach, and place a lid on the pan.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and blanch the cabbage and bean sprouts for 1–2 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon or a sieve and reserve.
- Let the water come back up to a rolling boil, then cook the ramen until al dente, according to the packet instructions. Drain well.
- Divide the ramen among 4 deep bowls and ladle over the soup and spinach. Use chopsticks to gently stir the noodles through the soup, then top with the cabbage and bean sprouts, spring onions, sesame seeds, pickled ginger and chilli or sesame oil.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.