- 500g of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 2 tbsp of baking powder
- 100g of vegan butter or margarine
- 320ml of plant-based milk
- 150g of berries e.g. raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- 2 tbsp of plant-based milk
- Extra sugar
- 50g of melted white chocolate
- Yoghurt and jam
- Preheat the oven to 200Fan/220°C and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Sift the plain flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar and baking powder. Add in the butter and use a knife to cut it into the flour into small pieces. Rub with your hands until it resembles a fine crumble.
- Gradually pour in the milk and stir with a spoon and then bring together with your hands. Carefully fold in the berries.
- Place the dough onto a floured work surface and shape into a large round, about 2cm thick. Use a cutter (about 6cm diameter) to carefully cut out the scones and transfer to the lined baking tray. Bring the leftover dough pieces together into a ball, flatten and continue to cut out scones.
- Brush the top of the scones with the milk (be careful to not cover the sides with it) and sprinkle over some sugar.
- Bake the scones for 12-15 minutes until golden and risen. Allow to cool on a wire rack and drizzle with the white chocolate. Serve with yoghurt and jam.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.