- Sauté the onion and swiss chard in butter or olive oil on a low heat. When it’s cooked, set aside, let it cool and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Chop the cooked mixture as finely as possible, then combine with the lemon zest, ricotta and eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add any herbs you wish and stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Spray some baking paper with oil and place and shape the mixture with a spoon into 1in balls. Spray again.
- Fry the donuts in a pan until golden. Eat hot.
One-Dish Whipped Ricotta, Oven Roasted Tomatoes And Aubergine
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cook the aubergine slices in the oven until soft.
- Using a blender, whip the ricotta until airy. Mix with the egg and Parmesan.
- On a large baking tray add the aubergine. Season with salt and pepper. Then pop over the tomatoes, a sprinkling of sugar and fresh garlic (you can fry the garlic in advance if you have the time) and olive oil. Season again if needed.
- Finish with the whipped ricotta and a drizzle of honey.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Butter a loaf tin or bundt cake pan.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar. Add the ricotta and sift in the flour before adding the other ingredients. Pour into the tin.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
TIP: Try a sprinkling of lavender flowers and the zest of 1 lemon to substitute the chocolate and amaretto.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.