- 250g of firm tofu, cut into 2cm (3/4 in) dice
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 5cm (2in) fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ hot red chilli (ideally Scotch Bonnet), deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 200g pack of of Tenderstem broccoli cut into 2cm diagonal slices
- 100g of cashew nuts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
- 600g of cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Mix the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, lime juice and soy sauce in a medium sized, non-metallic container. Add the tofu and gently stir to cover with the marinade; don’t be too vigorous or you’ll break it up. If you have time, you can marinate the tofu for an hour before cooking, or ideally overnight, but this is not essential.
- Take the tofu out of the marinade. Drain off the liquid and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilli, and ginger from the marinade to the pan and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add the Tenderstem broccoli and continue to cook for a couple of minutes more. Tip in the nuts and fry until they are patched with brown. Now add the tofu and very gently stir it in. Pour in the liquid from the marinade along with 200ml water. Reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for 2 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Serve with plain rice.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.