- 250g of portobello mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tin of butter beans, drained or 100g dried, soaked overnight and cooked until soft
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 150g of orzo pasta (you could substitute rice or giant cous cous or broken spaghetti)
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of tomato purée
- Salt and pepper to season
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and add the orzo. Cook according to the instructions on the packet and drain, reserving about half the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat a sauté pan with the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and paprika. Season with salt and cook on a medium heat for about five minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms, stir well and cook until soft. You could also add a splash of red wine now if you fancy.
- Tip in the butter beans and tomato purée then add the orzo with the reserved cooking water. Gently mix all together and cook for a few minutes. Serve with lots of chopped fresh parsley if you have any.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.