- 1 small cauliflower (about 500g), cut into small florets
- 350g pack Waitrose & Partners Diced Butternut and Sweet Potato
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g of brown basmati rice, rinsed
- 1 tbsp of Cooks’ Ingredients ras el hanout
- 400g can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 125g of pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp of Cooks’ Ingredients dukkah
- Handful coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Put the cauliflower, butternut and sweet potato and 1 tbsp of the oil on a baking tray and toss to coat. Cover with foil and roast for 20 minutes, then uncover and roast for a further 20 minutes, until very tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the rice and ras el hanout and cook for a minute; stir in 500ml hot water and bring to the boil. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, then add the chick peas; cover and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the rice is tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Combine the rice and roasted vegetables and transfer to a large serving platter. Leave to sit for 5 minutes, then scatter with the pomegranate seeds, dukkah and coriander to serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.