- 35g of pumpkin seeds
- 1 large handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 lemon (juice of)
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (with extra for brushing)
- 1 courgette cut into thick slices
- 200g of Tenderstem broccoli
- 200g of dried orecchiette pasta
- 1 sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional)
- Start by making the pesto: simply place all the pesto ingredients into a food processor and blitz for a couple of minutes until you have a smooth mixture. Add a splash of water if required to loosen the pesto. Set to one side.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Brush the courgette slices with oil, then place in a non-stick frying pan and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a separate pan, add the Tenderstem broccoli, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and mix it with the pesto. Add the courgette and Tenderstem broccoli and mix everything together. Serve with a sprinkle of chilli flakes, if desired.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.