- 150g of strawberries, hulled and halved
- 150g of rhubarb, cut into 5cm lengths
- 75g of caster sugar
- 5 (about 50g) Doves Farm Organic Ginger Oat Biscuits
- 25g of goats’ butter, melted
- 125g of Waitrose British soft goats’ cheese
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 an unwaxed lemon
- 2 tbsp of goats’ milk yoghurt
- Extra strawberries, to decorate
- Place the strawberries and rhubarb in a medium pan with two-thirds of the sugar. Heat gently until the sugar melts, then bring to simmering point and cook gently for 10-12 minutes until the fruit is soft. Set aside to cool.
- Crush the biscuits and mix with the melted butter. Soften the goats’ cheese in a bowl, then gradually beat in the remaining sugar, lemon zest and yoghurt until smooth and thick.
- Layer up the biscuit mix, then the cheese and finally the fruit compote in 4 small individual ramekins or serving glasses and chill for at least an hour. Serve decorated with a strawberry on top.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.