- 50g of cooking chorizo, diced
- 1/2 tsp of rapeseed oil
- 15g of butter
- 8 spears of asparagus, woody stalks removed and sliced in half on an angle
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 organic eggs
- 1 slice of sourdough, torn into chunks
- Pea shoots or fresh, roughly chopped parsley to garnish
- Start by roughly chopping the chorizo into 2cm pieces and adding to a pan set over a medium heat with the rapeseed oil. Fry for a few minutes or until the chorizo starts to render some of its fat. Add half of the butter to the pan with the asparagus and a good pinch of salt. Cook gently for 1-2 minutes, tossing the pan every now and then before adding the spring onion. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until the asparagus is just tender.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil, add a splash of vinegar and then turn down to a simmer. Gently crack in the eggs. Place a lid on the pan, remove from the heat and set aside for 4 minutes.
- Remove the asparagus, spring onions and chorizo from a pan and divide between two plates. Return the pan to the heat with the remaining butter and torn sourdough. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until the bread has soaked up all the juices and is lovely and crispy. Scatter over each plate, pouring over any of the remaining pan juices too.
- When the eggs are ready, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, allowing any excess water to drain off. Place one onto each plate, scatter over your pea shoots or parsley and dive in.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.