30 Mins-To-Make Mint & Aubergine With Halloumi
- 225g of halloumi, sliced into thin steaks
- 1 pomegranate, seeds set aside
- 1-2 aubergines, cubed
- Half a red onion, finely chopped
- 100g of sunflower seeds
For the green salsa:
- Heat the oven to 190°C.
- Season the aubergine cubes and roast for 20 minutes until cooked.
- In a griddle or frying pan, grill the halloumi so it caramelises on each side.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate.
- Blitz the green salsa ingredients and season generously.
- On the plates, lay out the aubergine cubes. Sprinkle over the grilled halloumi and red onion.
- Finish with a drizzling of sunflower seeds and green salsa.
- Finely grate the lime zest. In a frying or griddle pan, grill the halloumi, turn when golden.
- Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper and lime juice. Add chilli if you wish.
- Heat the wraps for 10-20 seconds in a microwave.
- Serve piled with avocado, halloumi, mango chutney and grated lime zest, yoghurt and herbs.
Halloumi steaks & tabbouleh
- 250g of grilled halloumi, sliced into 0.5-1cm slivers
- 25g of parsley, finely chopped
- 25g of mint, finely chopped
- 10 spring onions, diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 90g of bulgur wheat
- 330g of tomatoes, diced
- 2 tsp of dried oregano
For the dressing:
- Simmer the bulgur wheat, following the instructions on the back of the packet. Season and add any spices you like – a pinch of cinnamon or turmeric will go well.
- Place the halloumi under the grill.
- Meanwhile dice everything else finely. Mix with the cracked wheat. Add some seasoning. Serve.
- Make the dressing by mixing the tahini, yoghurt, and garlic together. Taste and season, accordingly.