Location: South West London
SheerLuxe is looking for a confident and talented Features Editor and digital Sub-Editor to join their innovative team, work closely with the Managing Editor and Features Writers to evolve the business and take its content to new levels.
The candidate’s role will be split into two. Firstly, to create original, engaging features for SheerLuxe’s lifestyle section. The candidate will ideally have at least five years' experience working in a busy digital or print publication. They will be brimming with ideas, have a keen interest in lifestyle and culture, an ability to create engaging op-ed copy and have their finger on the pulse of what’s trending. They will also be responsible for working with other writers on the team, helping to develop their features and work collaboratively on creating engaging, original content for SheerLuxe.
Secondly, the candidate will improve the overall output of SheerLuxe content, sub-editing all daily copy for SheerLuxe.com ensuring it is on brand, of the appropriate style and tone, starts well and ends well, and is as engaging and high-quality as possible. Subbing of social, video and other in-house content created at SheerLuxe will also be subbed by the candidate.
- Managing the style guide and maintaining house style across all copy
- Coming up with traffic driving content and snappy and engaging headlines
- Working with the senior team to improve the overall output of Sheerluxe.com and develop new and existing categories
- Helping to lead the editorial team to evolve the brand and continually improve audience experience
- Ensuring all content is created with the correct links, layouts, referenced correctly and that strongest layout is used
- Being part of SheerLuxe's multi-platform content output, which includes the SheerLuxe Show, editorial video content and the weekly podcast.
The successful candidate will have previous publishing experience. They will relish the challenge of working in a busy, fast-paced entrepreneurial team and enjoy working on a wide range of topics from fashion and beauty through to lifestyle and current affairs.
To apply, send CV and covering letter to email@example.com