Created in partnership with Tinder
Whether you’re keen to set up your BFF, or want advice on who to take on a date, the new Tinder Matchmaker ™ feature can help. Friends know you better than anyone, so why not let them choose your next potential date? You can even return the favour and suggest people who they might like.
Ready To Date Or Play Cupid?
We all rely on the advice of our mates when it comes to narrowing down the dating search — whether you’re after a second (or third) opinion about if someone’s right for you, or if on the other hand, your friends need a little guidance, this is perfect. Think of it as a streamlined version of when you may screenshot a match and send them in your group chat for feedback. Tinder's latest feature is the perfect shortcut.
Simply download the latest version of the app, then send your friends the link so they can recommend and share their thoughts on your potential matches – they don’t even need to download the app themselves. Once the MatchMaker session is complete, you’ll be able to see who they have chosen and what they think in your Discover card stack. Then, you can make the final call on whether you want to match with someone – just Like or Nope them.
On the other hand you can also help your friends out with their potential matches too. Simply start the session from your browser as a guest, or log in to the app. You’ll just need to confirm your birthday so Tinder knows you’re 18+. As a MatchMaker, you can Like and Nope up to 11 people – don’t forget to look through their profiles to check their preferences, hobbies and interests. You also have the option to leave your name so your friend knows who has recommended someone.
Here Are 5 More Reasons To Give It A Go…
- MatchMaker is exclusive to Tinder, so you won’t find this feature anywhere else. Gone are the days of crowding around one person’s phone to help your friends out, or screen-shotting potential matches.
- Our friends know us best, so input from them could help you decide whether someone could be a good fit. MatchMaker is a personalised experience that’s easy and fun. Plus, you’ll have bragging rights if your BFF falls in love with someone you recommended.
- Nervous to introduce your dates to your friends? The MatchMaker feature will bring you one step closer to passing the friends test.
- You never know where it could go… friends can play cupid to see potential in people who wouldn’t normally be your type – and who knows where you could end up? Plus, you still have the final say.
- We all want to see our friends win and meet the right person – or have a great time dating. Help your friend find someone they like, and they might even do the same for you!
Meeting people isn’t always easy, but Tinder has a wide pool to choose from. Whether you’ve moved to a new city and are looking for new connections, or want to put yourself out there at university, Tinder is all about having a great experience. Plus, it’s an inclusive space for everyone – Tinder doesn’t filter based on height, education, race or religion. Whatever your preference or sexual orientation, there are countless people to connect with. You can also find people based on your interests – as well as people you like the look of. The Photo Verification function lets you prove you’re the person in your pics. Finally, it's important to remember that while Tinder has helped match up millions of people, the App is all about connection and the experience, not just the end goal.