- 700g pack of frozen risotto
- 125g of leftover gammon, cut into small dice
- 125g of frozen petit pois or peas
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped dill
- 3 tbsp of full or half fat crème fraîche, optional
- Heat 100ml water in a large saucepan. Tip in the frozen risotto and cook gently, stirring frequently for five minutes until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Add the gammon, petit pois or peas and dill and cook for a further five minutes until the risotto is thick, creamy and piping hot. Add a little more water if the mixture dries out. Stir in the crème fraîche if using and serve in shallow bowls.
Replace the water with leftover dry white wine for a slightly richer flavour and finely grate the ends of any well-flavoured hard cheese for sprinkling on top.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.