- 4 skinless chicken thighs on the bone
- 2 litres of water
- 1 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 10 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200g of frozen sweetcorn
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of ground turmeric
- ½ tspn of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- Put the chicken into a deep saucepan with the measured water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium–low, cover the pan with a lid and cook gently for 45 minutes, until the stock is well flavoured.
- Strain the stock into a jug and set aside. Once the chicken pieces are cool enough to handle, shred the meat into small pieces and set aside.
- Heat the oil in another deep saucepan over medium heat. Add the spring onions and cook for 2 minutes, until they begin to soften. Stir in the sweetcorn and cook for a further 2 minutes, until it starts to soften.
- Now pour in the chicken stock, mix in the shredded chicken, increase the heat to high and cook for 1 minute.
- Using a fork, stir the stock continuously as you slowly drizzle the beaten eggs into it. Keep stirring until all the eggs have been added – this will form threads of egg in the soup.
- Finally, add the salt, turmeric, pepper and soy sauce and mix well. Serve immediately.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.