- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp of mild curry powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- ½ tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp of white spelt flour
- 400ml of vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 350g of Tenderstem® broccoli
- 100g of fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Brown rice, to serve
- Put half the oil into a pan and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, garlic and ginger and cook gently for 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent, taking care not to let anything burn.
- Add the curry powder, garam masala, turmeric and flour and stir-fry for another 2 minutes until fragrant. Gradually stir in the stock and soy sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened and the carrots are cooked through.
- Using a handheld or upright blender, blitz the sauce until completely smooth, adding in a little water if it's too thick. Season well, to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/400°F/gas mark 6. Line a baking sheet with foil or baking parchment.
- Toss the broccoli in the remaining oil, to coat, and season well. Roll in the breadcrumbs until evenly coated, transfer to the lined baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes until golden and the broccoli is cooked through.
- Divide the sauce between your plates and top with the katsu broccoli. Scatter the spring onions on top and serve with rice.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.