- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp of Mindful Chef Mexican spice mix*
- 20g of creamed coconut
- 240g of kidney beans (drained)
- 2 tsp of oil
- 30g of pickled sliced jalapenos
- 80g of quinoa
- Boil a kettle. Rinse the quinoa and place in a saucepan with 300ml of boiling water, and simmer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the red onion and red pepper. Peel and de-stone the avocado and slice thinly. Roughly chop the jalapenos.
- Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tsp of oil on a medium heat. Drain and rinse the kidney beans and add to the pan with the jalapenos and half of the Mexican spice mix. Cook for 5 minutes, then remove from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tsp of oil on a medium heat and fry the onion for 3 minutes, then add the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Stir through the remaining Mexican spice mix.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix the creamed coconut with 20ml of boiling water to form a sauce. Add a generous squeeze of lime juice and a pinch of sea salt.
- When the quinoa has finished cooking, drain and mix with the kidney beans. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- To serve, spoon the quinoa and beans into two warm bowls, top with the red pepper and onion, then layer over the sliced avocado. Drizzle over the coconut lime sauce.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.