- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ leek, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 200g of chicken mini breast fillets, cut into small chunks
- 4 brussels sprouts, sliced
- 400g can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g can of no-added salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 very low-salt chicken stock cube mixed with 250ml of boiling water
- 125g of small broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley, 2tbsp grated parmesan and 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted, to serve
- In a large pot, heat ½tbsp of olive oil over a medium heat. Add the garlic, leek, carrot, chicken and sprouts and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, adding extra water if needed. Add the broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season the soup with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with the parsley and parmesan and serve with the toast on the side.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.