- Olive oil, for frying
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 litre (34 fl oz/4 cups) of boiling water
- 200g (7 oz) of soba noodles
- 2 tbsps of miso paste
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger root, grated
- 2 pak choy (bok choy), halved
- 2 spring onions (scallions), green and all, sliced
- A sprinkle of sesame seeds, to serve (optional)
- Heat a little olive oil in a medium-sized pan and fry the shallot for a few minutes until translucent. Add the boiling water and the noodles. Bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the miso with some water and the ginger, add to the broth and give it a good mix.
- Cut the pak choy in half and add to the broth, scatter the spring onions on top and serve the soup immediately, topped with the sesame seeds, if using.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.