- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- olive oil
- 1 x 400g tin of cherry tomatoes
- 70g of pitted black olives
- 4 fish fillets, frozen or fresh
- Fresh basil, to finish
- Sauté the onion and garlic together in a little olive oil for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft. Add the cherry tomatoes and black olives and bring to a very gentle simmer.
- Top with the fish fillets and cover with the lid. Poach for 10 to 20 minutes (depending on the size of the fish and if it is fresh or frozen. It is done when opaque all the way through and flakes easily).
- Serve hot, sprinkled with torn basil leaves.
TIP: This works best in a shallow frying pan with a lid, although a large cast-iron casserole with a lid can also be used.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.