- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 dried red chilli, cut into slivers, or a pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 carrots, peeled, halved and cut at an angle into strips about 3mm thick
- 150–200g of tenderstem broccoli, cut in half
- 100–150g of mangetout, snap peas or fine beans
- 1 red pepper, sliced about 3mm thick
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of mirin
- 1 tbsp of light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of white sesame seeds
- 2 tsp of sesame oil
- Heat the oil and the chilli in a large frying pan or wok over a high heat. When the chilli begins to sizzle, add all the veg and stir-fry for a few minutes, until they begin to tenderise. Add the soy sauce, mirin and sugar, mix well and cook until the liquid has reduced to a thick glaze. Add the sesame seeds and sesame oil and stir through.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly before serving (it’s better closer to room temperature), or transfer to the refrigerator and eat within five days.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.