Created in partnership with BOOTS X ARDELL
For Length… Lashes Wispies 113 Black, £5.50
With a thin, flexible band, these are easy to apply, yet sturdy enough you don’t need to worry about them falling out. As the name suggests, they are delicate, never overpowering the eye, but give just enough length to widen and elongate. A great set for day-to-day wear.
Ardell Wispies Available here
For Volume… Naked Lashes 429, £5.50
Created for those who want volume, these offer a natural, full finish. You can also cut them and use just a small part at the inner or outer corners, depending on where you want to boost some density. A great pairing to any smokey eye. We love the invisible band which means they are completely undetectable when on the lash line.
Ardell Naked Lashes Available here
For Definition…False Lashes Demi Wispies, £5.50
Lightweight, feathery and tapered, this set aligns seamlessly with your own lashes. We love how they fan out at the outer edges for extra definition. Once applied, they look natural and believable, giving eyes a fresh, brightening effect.
Ardell Wispies Available here
For Elongation…Faux Mink Individuals Combo Pack, £8.99
These handy clusters are perfect for those wanting volume and definition, but not too much length. They allow you to tailor your eye shape, giving a soft but well-shaped curl that instantly perks lashes up. They’re versatile too – combine a few to switch up the looks you’re trying to create.
Ardell Faux Mink Available here
For Subtleness… Lashes Natural 174, £5.50
Often described as giving the effect of lash extensions, these are dramatic and full, but not too heavy, so they don’t look theatrical. Great for a night out, they’re easy to trim and shape. Even lash novices will find these straightforward to apply – the glue they come with ensures these stay put for a full day or night.
Ardell Natural Lashes Available here
For Cat Eyes… Faux Mink Wispies, £12
Loved by make-up artists, these give eyes a flattering feline shape, opening lashes up at the outer edges. They also fit most eye shapes seamlessly, with no need for trimming. Expect a subtle, everyday full lash that can be worn solo, or layered with some extra mascara to deepen the intensity.
Ardell Faux Mink Wispies Available here
Plus, Here Are Our Top Application Hacks...
- To identify the left and right, hold the lashes under your nose with them facing outwards. This will help you understand which is which as they’re not always marked.
- Gently tease the lash strip out of its box using either your fingers or tweezers, then rest the strip along your lash line – you’ll then see if they need trimming. Always trim from the outside edge, never through the lashes.
- To mark where your strip lashes should end, go to the outer corner and count 2-4 lashes inwards. If you leave them hanging over, it can pull the eyes down.
- Dot a thin layer of glue along the vein of the lash from corner to corner. Let it go tacky, then gently place onto your lashline.
- To nail application, place a mirror under your face at a perpendicular angle, look down and you’ll find your eyelid extends, so you get a better view of where to place the strip.
- Once finished, use a liquid liner to conceal the glue. This makes lashes look more natural. Draw it from the band – where the lashes begin – to the inner corner of your eye. It blends everything out.
- If you want to amp things up further, apply mascara to enhance the lash – avoid waterproof formulas as they don’t like to be layered on and dry fast.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.