Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
8 - 10
- 100g / 7 tbsp of melted butter, slightly cooled, plus extra for greasing
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 160g / 3⁄4 cup plus 1 tbsp of soft light brown sugar
- 120g / 1⁄2 cup of almond butter
- 250g / 83⁄4 oz of ripe bananas (peeled weight), mashed with a fork
- 180g / 1 1⁄3 cups of plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 1⁄2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 100g/ 31⁄2 oz of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/gas mark 3. Butter a 450g/1lb loaf tin, then line with baking parchment.
- Put the melted butter in a bowl and add the eggs and sugar. Mix together to a smooth paste, then beat in the almond butter and mashed bananas.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a separate bowl, then gradually fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture. Stir in the chopped chocolate and spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then turn out of the tin onto the wire rack and leave to cool some more.