The Beauty Insider: Lisa Potter Dixon’s Beauty Rules
A healthy glow is needed as much now as in high summer, so keep your favourite bronzer in your make-up bag year round. Apply in a figure of ‘3’ either side of the face and down the neck for an even, sculpted finish.
- Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel – This cult classic is a gel formula that blends into the complexion beautifully.
- Benefit Hoola – An icon. With no pink, no orange, no shimmer or shine, this baby is foolproof.
- Rimmel Natural Bronzer – With a waterproof formula and SPF 15, this instantly warms up your complexion and stays put.
Lack of sun and cold weather makes our skin slightly duller. Mix one part of liquid highlighter to two parts of liquid foundation. This will illuminate your skin and keep it looking fresh.
- Becca Backlight Priming Filter – Gives a radiant glow while also helping to keep your make-up in place.
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow – Adds glow to the dullest of skin.
- NYX Born To Glow – This lightweight liquid looks great under or over your foundation.
Most of us have a pink, coral or berry blush hanging around our make-up bag. These colours work all year round. For me, blusher is one of the most important products in your routine, adding a pop of colour that lifts the whole complexion instantly.
- BareMinerals Bounce & Blur – I adore the formulation. It feels like a cushion blush and applies like a cream for a super natural finish. Push into the cheeks with your fingers.
- Elf Beautifully Bare Cheeky Glow – This weightless cream-to-powder blush creates a natural fresh glow. Chuck it on your lips too for a matching pout.
- Kevyn Aucoin The Neo Blush – I love this two-toned blusher. You can wear each shade individually or mix together. They also look incredible on the eyes.
Those little tubes hold a lot of bacteria, so you should change your mascara every three months – whatever the brand. This is a perfect opportunity. Whenever I get a new one, I write the date on it with a sharpie pen.
- Benefit BadGal Bang! – If you want a full-on, jet-black, volumised lash, this is the product for you.
- Glossier Lash Slick – Gives you a lifted, separated natural lash. Beautiful for every day.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational – For under £10, this mascara is brilliant. It coats every lash from root to tip.
Swapping to a deeper shade of lippy in Autumn/Winter is a must. Plums, cherries and oranges are everywhere at this time of year. Buff on the lip with an eyeshadow brush for a wash of colour, or apply from the bullet for a full-on pout.
- Nude by Nature Moisture Shine Rosewood – These lipsticks are jam-packed with vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil – the powerhouses for hydrated lips. Rosewood is a rich red that looks gorgeous on all skin tones.
- MAC Matte Lady Danger – An icon. This orangey-red transforms your look, brightens your complexion and, well, just makes everything that bit better.
- YSL Water Stain In Berry Deep. These stains are newbies but goodies. Buildable and super hydrating, apply into the centre of the lips, then pat together for a modern vibe.
You’re more than likely going to have to change your base if you’ve developed a tan over summer. I always have a winter and summer base. I tend to have to go two shades deeper in summer, but don’t assume you have to go heavier in winter. Stick with a radiant, light-to-medium coverage for healthy looking skin.
- IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination – I adore this base. It blends so easily, has SPF 50 and gives a glow no matter how much you layer it.
- Urban Decay Stay Naked Foundation – This latest base from UD is gorgeous. Waterproof and long wear, it gives a satin finish.
- Milk Makeup Flex Foundation – If you prefer a stick foundation, this is super creamy. Apply with a fluffy blusher brush for a flawless finish.
Make sure you have a hyaluronic acid in your skincare routine. This is what keeps your skin plump and hydrated. Rub into your face, neck and décolletage after cleansing, before moisturising. Prepping your skin properly is also going to help your make-up last longer and look flawless.
- Hado Labo Tokyo Super Hydrator Lotion – From Japan’s number-one skincare brand, this is 150ml of pure glow. It includes four hyaluronics, each reaching a different layer of skin. A game changer in the skincare world.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Rehydrating Serum. Amazing for sensitive skin, this weightless formula is enriched with hyaluronic acid and plant sugar mannose, which helps lock in the moisture.
- Kate Somerville DermalQuench Liquid Lift – Made by one of the world’s best skincare experts, you know this is going to be good. It combines hyaluronic acid with oxygen for an immediate glow.
Until next time,
Love & Lipstick,
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.