CREATED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH ghd
We defy you to find any woman interested in beauty who hasn’t owned, or at least used, a pair of ghds. The brand has become as synonymous with the hair care industry as Levi’s have to denim, and we’ve long held a place for them in our beauty arsenals. And as much as hair trends have moved away from overly straightened locks of the early noughties (thank goodness), most of us are now after that lived-in, laissez faire look – natural, ‘I just woke up like this’ waves favoured by the likes of Caroline de Maigret and Alexa Chung.
So we teamed up with the iconic brand and their Global Brand Ambassador, Adam Reed, whose clients have included the likes of Diane Kruger and Sophie Dahl, to get the low own on how to get easy natural waves using ghd’s Curve Wands and the Platinum+ Styler. Watch the video below to see how it’s done:
Adam’s top tips for using the ghd Curve Wand…
- Make sure the hair is 100% dry before you tong.
- Section the hair in larger chunks, take four sections from each of those and work around the head for a modern looking wave.
- Always use a heat protective spray and let it dry into the hair.
- Gently twist the hair as you wind it around the Curve Wand for a more relaxed look.
- Leaving out the root and the ends of the hair will make the waves more modern looking.
- When the hair is wrapped around the wand, gently take the hair back and forth to keep the look relaxed.
- Always hold the Curve at a downward angle to get the perfect wave.
- Gently pull the waves apart for a more lived-in look.
- Only apply a finishing product once the hair is completely cooled down.
- Don’t worry too much about flyaways or it looking too perfect, that’s what makes it cool.