Created in partnership with STELLA MCCARTNEY SKINCARE
An Intro To STELLA, By Stella McCartney…
Launched in August 2022, Stella McCartney wanted her concise range of products to embrace the same eco-conscious ethos that runs throughout her fashion line. The new skincare is based on her philosophy of using ‘only what you need’ and encompasses just three essential – and refillable – products, so everything serves a deliberate purpose.
Who’s Behind It…
Stella McCartney has worked with renowned luxury house LVMH to create STELLA, only releasing the products after they have met her exacting requirements. Everything is suitable for all skin types, men and women, and the formulas contain only natural and mindfully-selected active ingredients. You won’t find any petrochemicals, silicones, BHTs or suspected endocrine disruptors here – so you can trust everything has been made consciously with skin health as a top priority. Even the packaging is eco-friendly, made with recycled materials, recyclable and refillable.
Taking a well-rounded approach, the products are designed to address a wide scope of action and to create healthier-looking, radiant, smooth and supple skin, without the fuss. To do this, they use quality active ingredients that are clinically proven to work, are 99% natural (the remaining 1% are required to preserve and maintain the integrity of the products) and from sustainable origin. That includes dulse seaweed, birch sap and hyaluronic acid – all of which flood your complexion with moisture for softness and glow. Lastly, organic rock samphire, which is full of unsaturated and saturated fatty acids, plumps skin and smooths out fine lines, with results on skin proven to be comparable with retinol, without any drawbacks.
Globally speaking, none of the ingredients are harsh to skin, so they won’t react with your skin or cause too much stimulation. The focus is on long-term health rather than short-term gains.
A final word on the scent. Stella enlisted the help of master perfumer Francis Kurkdjian to create a unique, coastal fragrance for the line, but one that never irritates your skin or causes inflammation. It only adds to the luxury – as do the sensorial textures – and provides an extra sense of calm as you apply the products.
A Snapshot Of The Products
This lightweight and silky cleanser doubles up as a face wash and make-up remover. Stella created this after struggling to find one that she liked – but the Reset formula dissolves every trace of dirt and even pollution particles, while also cocooning your skin in moisture and preserving its pH. It’s the perfect mix of foam and creaminess – a luxe texture that never feels stripping or drying.
• Skin softness is increased by 29%
• Skin smoothness is improved by 27%
This immediately feels fresh and nourishing on the skin. It absorbs fast with zero greasiness, and it doesn’t feel heavy or thick either. Hyaluronic acid, olive squalane and organic rock samphire extract combine to deliver a dewier, restored glow, as well as improved firmness over time. Perfect for those suffering with dryness, this essential concentrate has been made to also perform on the eye area and targets dark circles. Designed with reuse in mind, the Alter-Care Serum has a cap you can unscrew and then refill with your next serum pouch so you never get any throwaway guilt.
• Skin luminosity is improved by 134%
• Skin is 123% more nourished
• Skin texture is +47% refined
• Dark circles improve by 50%
• Wrinkles appear decreased by 38%
• Pores appear reduced by 44%
This has the same clever packaging as the serum – two parts with one holding a refill pouch. We love the click-shut caps on both products, which keep the formulas secure on the move. The cream has a thicker texture than the serum, but it never feels heavy or cloying. Cherry blossom extract joins hyaluronic acid and organic birch sap to leave the skin feeling deeply nourished while the skin barrier is also reinforced. It gives skin a visible glow too – the type you often get post-facial – and primes skin for any make-up that follows.
• Skin feels 30% smoother
• Wrinkles are visibly reduced by 51%
• Skin appears 20% firmer and 22% plumper
Why Charlotte Loves The Brand…
“I started using the STELLA range back in September when it first launched, and I've barely used anything else since. It's consistent, reliable and luxurious – it takes the faff out of skincare while still feeling a little bit indulgent. The cleanser is creamy, light and satisfying, and the serum is now a ride-or-die product for me – I love that you can use it to improve the look of fine lines, hydrate and so much more. Plus, there’s a reason the mini-size travel kit has been to three continents with me this year – it means you don't have to compromise on quality skincare even when space is limited.”