- 250g of short-grain brown rice
- 100g of curly kale, tough stalks discarded and leaves sliced into fine ribbons
- 2 leeks, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- Approx. 700g of cooked roast chicken meat
- 2 flat-leaf parsley sprigs chopped, to serve
- Bragg Liquid Aminos, or soy sauce, for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- Put the rice in a pan of water with pinch of salt. Bring to the boil and simmer for as long as packet instructions require. Place the kale in a sieve or steamer attachment and cook above the rice for the final five minutes until wilted.
- Heat a little oil in a large saucepan, add the leeks, garlic and a pinch of salt. Cook gently for five to ten minutes, until the leeks soften and begin to brown.
- Drain the rice and add to the leeks. Add the kale and stir through. Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the rice. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, drizzle with Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.