- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 4 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 2 red onions (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 7½ cm piece rampe (pandan leaf)
- 1 level tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp roasted fenugreek seeds, (crushed)
- ½ stick cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 500g pumpkin, (deseeded and cut into 2½ cm cubes)
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- Juice of ½ a lime
- Place a large high-sided frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the coconut oil. Once sizzling, add the mustard seeds.
- When they start to spit, add the cumin seeds, garlic, chillies, onions, curry powder, salt and curry leaves.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the onions start to soften and turn golden in colour, then add all the remaining ingredients (except the lime juice) cover, and cook on a medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the oil starts to separate.
- Allow to cool slightly, then add the lime juice and mix together. Season to taste, and serve.
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.